[wp-hackers] Rewrite rules

Chuck Guenther chuckg at blindmuse.com
Mon Aug 9 05:17:54 UTC 2004

Craig Hartel <milquetoast at telus.net> wrote:

> I have a subdomain /public_html/subdomain/ which is a subdomain of
> www.example.com.
>
> I have a new domain, created as an addon, which I want to point to the
> aforementioned directory structure. The new domain is www.foo.com.
>
> So, how do I use the root .htaccess file to ensure that www.foo.com is
> using the /public_html/subdomain/ directory of www.example.com?

I could write out a long and descriptive post describing the process, but
the easiest way is to point you to a freshly posted topic on mezzoblue.
It covers, more or less, exactly what you want to do.  It can be found
at: http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2004/08/05/virtual_host/

What you ask really can't be handled, at least to my knowledge, by using
.htaccess rules.  It must be done through the actual httpd.conf, assuming
you are using any version of Apache. You can see more descriptive examples
on the apache website, specifically:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html

Good luck, if you need some specific help with anything feel free to email
me privately and I'll walk you through some of the process.

chuckg
--
I am what I am not what I thought I am
www.blindmuse.com