[wp-hackers] Echoing out Categories in a Post in/out of "the loop"

marks at ibbsonline.com marks at ibbsonline.com
Thu Aug 5 04:24:31 UTC 2004

In WordPress 1.2-mingus, I was able to echo out the categories a post is filed
under out of "the loop" while viewing that post.  Versions after 1.2-mingus I am
not.  I have tried to remedy this problem, only to come at a stand point of
frustation on several occasions.  Here is my question: can the categories a post
is filed under be echoed out of "the loop"?  I realize it can be echoed inside
"the loop", and I have tried to do this by duplicating the WordPress loop from
index.php, but have failed.  If echoing inside "the loop", I would like to have
it echo in a seperate "the loop" to allow for flexibility in placement.  Any
ideas on what needs to be done to accomplish this?  The code in question can be
found in my Breadcrumb plugin
(http://technicallyincorrect.org/phpsrc/plugins/breadcrumb/breadcrumb.phps), line
46, column 19.

P.S. Thank you for standing for the gratuitous use of "the loop".