[wp-hackers] Table updater wish

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Aug 2 18:05:44 UTC 2004

Owen Winkler wrote:

> Otherwise, the function is done and works, and all that remains is removing
> the code from the upgrade_xxx functions that executes ALTER TABLE
> statements.  I also might like to test it on older databases.  Any idea
> where I can get one of those?

Very groovy. I guess don't worry about indices since we can address those
separately. That funky code is there because if you add an index, and then
execute the same SQL a second time it'd create a second index_2,
index_3... I think that was in WordPress .72.

You can get old versions of WordPress here:

http://wordpress.org/beta/archive/

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...