[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8642: Marking read notifications as unread in bulk not updating object cache (counts)

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 24 09:11:23 UTC 2022

#8642: Marking read notifications as unread in bulk not updating object cache
(counts)
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  niftythree                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests

Comment:

 Hi @oztaser

 I've added two patches, the first one
 ([https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/8642/8642.tests.patch
 8642.tests.patch]) only contains unit tests. If we only apply this one,
 the
 `test_bp_notifications_clear_all_for_user_cache_before_update_when_marked_unread()`
 one is failing (marking a list of notification ids as unread).

 If we apply your patch, it's fixing the issue, but I believe it's best to
 use the `$update_args` that is passed into
 `bp_notifications_clear_all_for_user_cache_before_update()` to set the
 `$is_new` parameter of `BP_Notifications_Notification::get()`. See
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/8642/8642.alt.patch
 8642.alt.patch].

 What do you think?

--