[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8688: BP_Groups_Group::get_total_member_count() is highly inefficient, and runs out of memory

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 27 10:49:14 UTC 2022

#8688: BP_Groups_Group::get_total_member_count() is highly inefficient, and runs
out of memory
 Reporter:  dd32          |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by dd32):

 Also: I realise this optimisation probably skips a whole bunch of filters,
 especially where someone is using meta and passing that's where adding
 just a return count from the class could maybe be beneficial, but I was
 running into all kinds of trouble trying that.

 On WordPress.org, I'll probably just trigger
 `bp_use_legacy_group_member_query` and use that query instead; as it will
 produce a much more direct path for counting group members:
 https://github.com/buddypress/buddypress/blob/00f15df9f6753b340d5ded1baf7ef22ec0c76ebb/src
 /bp-groups/classes/class-bp-groups-member.php#L1259

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8688#comment:3>