[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8296: `bp_activity_comments` cache should purge when an any child `activity_comment` is marked as spam

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 6 05:56:22 UTC 2021

#8296: `bp_activity_comments` cache should purge when an any child
`activity_comment` is marked as spam
----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  oztaser                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:   => has-patch needs-unit-tests
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 10.0.0

Comment:

 Hi @oztaser

 Thanks for your explanations. I think we need to review how the
 `bp_activity` and `bp_activity_comments` cache are purge. Imho, when an
 activity is marked as spam/ham we should probably also purge the
 `bp_activity` cache if the activity is not an activity comment.

 I also think we should take your patch in account, but avoid checking for
 `is_spam` as a comment content can simply be updated by the Administrator
 from the Activity Administration screen.

 I'd feel more secure if we could build some unit tests about these purges.

 I'd also like to get feedback about it from @r-a-y as he's been working on
 this area in the past.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8296#comment:3>