[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8582: Add site membership requests.
noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 4 09:26:13 UTC 2021
#8582: Add site membership requests.
Reporter: dcavins | Owner: (none)
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: normal | Milestone: 10.0.0
Component: Members | Version: 9.1.1
Severity: normal | Resolution:
Keywords: needs-refresh |
Changes (by imath):
* keywords: has-patch needs-testing => needs-refresh
Hi @dcavins thanks for your improvements about Multisite issues.
I've tested on a regular site first: everything works as expected ✅
I've tested all registration options and it's almost working as expected.
There are still things to fix imho. ❌
==== 1/ Registration is disabled ====
It works as expected, except for the facts:
1. the user receives a WordPress generated message instead of the
BuddyPress one. See capture below:
It's pretty annoying because, it looks like this message is originally for
the SuperAdmin and more annoying, when the user clicks on the link, the
password he chose during signup is reset by WordPress, see capture below:
2. The `new_member` activity is not generated.
==== 2/ Logged in users may register new sites ====
1. **We also have the above annoying WordPress activation process in place
instead of ours.**
2. **The `new_member` activity is not generated, as well.**
3. It's possible to request a new site, although we're not yet logged in,
see below capture:
4. As the SuperAdmin when reviewing the request, there's an information
about the fact the user already received an approval request, but it's not
the case. See screenshots below:
The Pending accounts list screen
The confirmation screen
The other 2 WP registration options work as expected: the site membership
feature does not interfere with the regular signup process.
Could you look at these issues? Thanks in advance 😍
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8582#comment:20>
BuddyPress Trac <http://buddypress.org/>
More information about the buddypress-trac