[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8550: "Invitations" tab visible to users when they're not able to send invitations.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 18 09:31:25 UTC 2021

#8550: "Invitations" tab visible to users when they're not able to send
invitations.
 Reporter:  niftythree    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Groups        |    Version:  9.0.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Hello,

 We’ve noticed a bit of a quirk in BuddyPress. When the “Friend
 Connections” component is turned off, but the “User Groups” component is
 still turned on, users will still see the “Invitations” tab under groups
 in their own profiles, even though no user can send them an invitation to
 a group.

 We’ve done some testing and can’t work out an obvious reason why this tab
 would still be visible/available to users when it’s not possible to send
 invitations to other users.

 We're running BuddyPress version 9, and occurs when all other plugins are
 deactivated and a default theme is used.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8550>