[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8402: “Change Profile Photo” function to delete & crop Avatars is broken on Vanilla install

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 21 22:47:50 UTC 2020

#8402: “Change Profile Photo” function to delete & crop Avatars is broken on
Vanilla install
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  zloro         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  6.3.0
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
--------------------------+--------------------
 Hello. Brand new install of WP 5.5.3 and BuddyPress 6.3.0 on a server
 running MySQL Version
 5.6.32 & PHP Version 7.4.10 with NO OTHER plugins active & running on 2020
 template.

 On Page: https://www.rolevant.com/members/rolevantist/profile/change-
 avatar/

 I can upload the image and am given the option to crop the uploaded image.
 However, once I select my crop area and I press the crop button the
 <upload & crop> area disappears & a red box WITH NO MESSAGE appears.
 Nothing else happens.

 The original files are being uploaded to
 https://rolevant.com/wp-content/uploads/avatars/1/…

 But no automatically resized or manually cropped images are being saved
 anywhere.

 Other similar Avatar Crop issues from 8-10 years ago exist on BuddyPress
 support forum, but nothing that is applicable to these latest versions.
 Any & all fixes (incompatable javascipt, JQuery, AJAX version
 incompatibility with JQUERY/AJAx versions called by templates) just do not
 appear to be relevant here. Your help/validiation & fix of this bug is
 appreciated!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8402>