[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8394: Make it easier for the site's admin to output Members member types list into their profile header

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 17 23:11:28 UTC 2020

#8394: Make it easier for the site's admin to output Members member types list
into their profile header
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath        |      Owner:  imath
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Members      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
-------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Now that we have an Admin UI to create, edit, delete member types, this
 means we are making the Member Type feature more widely available (not
 only for advanced users / plugin-theme developers).

 As a result, I believe we should make it visible on front-end using, just
 like the Group Types, the single Members item header. Otherwise, I'm
 afraid some users could think: "this Member Types Admin UI is useless??".

 I'm suggesting the attached patch which replicate what the Group Type
 feature is doing to list the Group Types of a group into its header,
 according to the `show_in_list` property of the type object.

 PS: the patch updates the Member Types Admin UI to let the site's admin
 set the `show_in_list` property of the member type object.

 Here's a screenshot of how it could look like:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/-nytjG_YuD.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8394>