[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8391: BP Nouveau: improve Groups Loop and Groups Header (with & without cover) templates

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 13 14:50:49 UTC 2020

#8391: BP Nouveau: improve Groups Loop and Groups Header (with & without cover)
templates
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:  imath
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Templates     |    Version:  3.0.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
--------------------------+-----------------------
 I was testing the improvements we brought to the BP REST API when I've
 noticed the Group Types were not included into the regular Groups single
 item header.

 Exploring the issue, I've noticed there was a weird function in Nouveau
 used to fill the template container having the `meta` class. I believe
 I've improved this function, following the `@todo` that was inside the
 code. I had to create a new class `BP_Nouveau_Group_Meta` as this function
 was used like an object, eg: `<?php echo esc_html(
 bp_nouveau_group_meta()->status ); ?>` to safely deprecate it.
 I've fixed the issue about Group Types display in Group headers.

 Then, I've noticed another bug about the live update of dates (via
 moment.js). The "Active" word was disappearing in Group Headers and wasn't
 refreshing in Loops.

 The patch adresses all this + some improvements on code indentation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8391>