[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8390: PHP8 no longer accepts a function required parameter to follow an optional one

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 11 17:30:34 UTC 2020

#8390: PHP8 no longer accepts a function required parameter to follow an optional
one
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath           |      Owner:  imath
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Administration  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  has-patch
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Testing BuddyPress on PHP8 using this tutorial available on the
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2020/10/06/call-for-testing-php-8-0/ Call
 for testing: PHP 8.0] and this custom
 [https://gist.github.com/imath/1d3b3d7d9de757f088b653af31c6a86c docker-
 compose.override.yml] (Absolute paths need to be customize according
 yours), I've found one of our function was generating this
 [https://php.watch/versions/8.0/deprecate-required-param-after-optional
 deprecated notice].

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8390>