[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8291: BuddyPress Menus - Select all menu items is not adding all available menu items

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 4 11:42:55 UTC 2020

#8291: BuddyPress Menus - Select all menu items is not adding all available menu
items
---------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  vapvarun             |       Owner:  slaFFik
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  closed
Changes (by imath):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"12678" 12678]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="12678"
 Administration: improve how BP Member Nav Menu items are managed

 Since WordPress 5.3, the WP nav menu meta boxes had their output modified
 to improve a11y. The most visible improvement was to use a checkbox to
 select all box's current panel menu items instead of a link. This change
 also modified the JavaScript causing the BP Member nav menu meta box to
 fail at selecting all menu items.

 As we support WordPress versions that are older than 5.3, we had to review
 the way we were extending the Accordion Menu box so that we can enjoy WP
 5.3 improvements and keeps on being back compatible with previous versions
 of WordPress.

 As this new way does not need the `BP_Walker_Nav_Menu_Checklist` class
 anymore, we are deprecating the class's corresponding file without
 removing the class from our Classes Autoloader in case some plugin
 developers are using it directly.

 Once we will be sure no plugin developers are using it directly, we will
 need to delete the class's file and remove the class from our Classes
 Autoloader.

 Props vapvarun

 Fixes #8291
 }}}