[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8218: @mentions don't work on Front-End posts and don't show up on Activity > Mentions

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 22 21:51:39 UTC 2020

#8218: @mentions don't work on Front-End posts and don't show up on Activity >
Mentions
 Reporter:  tekNorah      |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by sssv):

 * cc: sssv (added)
 * priority:  normal => high
 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 We are having the same issue with @mentions not working. Using a custom
 child of the Beaver Builder Theme. Have ruled out all possible plugin
 conflicts, this seems to be with BuddyPress core?

 In addition, for some reason my participants replies to one another do not
 nest, they show up at the bottom like a new post.

 But admin comments show as nested – https://share.getcloudapp.com/geurKkL6
 - I was thinking that the two things might be related as restricted by
 user permissions but I can't do @mentions as an admin either:
 https://share.getcloudapp.com/2NuroKq7

 Are the participant user permissions being overwritten somewhere? I’ve
 checked all the settings I can think of…

 Settings on Topic/Reply Display tab:
 https://share.getcloudapp.com/8Luwe4AB
 Discussion settings in bbp style pack:
 https://share.getcloudapp.com/Koue8moR