[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8144: Use of bp_core_signup_send_activation_key not checked while querying for signups

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 16 08:18:02 UTC 2019

#8144: Use of bp_core_signup_send_activation_key not checked while querying for
signups
-----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zishanj                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 @zishanj Thanks for all your patches, but I believe you're too focus on
 your specific case :) The right way to go with the issue is 8144.patch
 because it covers all cases.

 I've tested your 8144.5.patch and I get a notice error, an empty cell, and
 a wrong information about one of the signup:
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/hNHOCxg1wq.png)]]

 1. The regular case is: the signup confirmation is sent (in other words
 the `bp_core_signup_send_activation_key` is not used` ) 8144.patch is
 displaying the date this confirmation was sent.
 2. `bp_core_signup_send_activation_key` is used: 8144.patch is making sure
 all new signups will have the right count to 0 and Unsent as the displayed
 date.
 3. `bp_core_signup_send_activation_key` was used before the patch was
 applied: signups have a wrong count + a wrong date, but that's logic - the
 patch wasn't there when these signups happened.

 I advise you to first test the regular case (remove the filter).

 So to me 8144.patch is the MVP to fix this issue :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8144#comment:9>