[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8159: bp_send_email not sending emails to all if passing multiple email ids since 4.0.0 update

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 7 12:07:08 UTC 2019

#8159: bp_send_email not sending emails to all if passing multiple email ids since
4.0.0 update
 Reporter:  alexhal       |      Owner:  DJPaul
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Emails        |    Version:  5.0.0
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 Hi we are using bp_send_email to send email to single and multiple users.
 We are sending array of email :

 `
 $emails = [
 'abc at g.com',
 'efg at g.com',
 'hij at g.com'
 ]
 $email_type = 'custom';
 $bpargs = array(
 'tokens' => array('post.name'=>'customtoken')
 );
 bp_send_email( $email_type,$emails, $bpargs );`

 So after execution it is only sending email to first email in array :
 abc at g.com

 It use to send email to all emails in that array previously .

 however running a loop and sending email to one user at a time is working
 :

 `
 $emails = [
 'abc at g.com',
 'efg at g.com',
 'hij at g.com'
 ]
 $email_type = 'custom';
 $bpargs = array(
 'tokens' => array('post.name'=>'customtoken')
 );
 foreach($emails as $email){
 bp_send_email( $email_type,$email, $bpargs );
 }
 `

 Please tell us what exactly is wrong with this ?
 Does bp_send_email function does not supports sending email to multiple
 email in one go.We really want to avoid the for loop .

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8159>