[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8174: Registration process is generating an error when the xProfile component is not active

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 6 18:44:40 UTC 2019

#8174: Registration process is generating an error when the xProfile component is
not active
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by imath):

 In [changeset:"12503" 12503]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="12503"
 Make sure users can register when the xProfile component is not active

 In version 5.0.0, we've introduced an improvement to use the display name
 as the salutation in signup emails (see [12349]). To do so we rely on an
 xProfile's component function. When this component is not active, the
 function is also not available causing a fatal error and preventing the
 activation email to be sent. To fix this issue we are now checking the
 component is active before using the function to return the display name.

 See #8174 (Trunk)
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8174#comment:3>