[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7675: Check bp_attachments_get_template_part() & revise it's hardcoded template directory

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 30 13:52:39 UTC 2018

#7675: Check bp_attachments_get_template_part() & revise it's hardcoded template
directory
 Reporter:  hnla          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 This is just to highlight something we perhaps need to examine and relates
 partly to the recent relocation of the assets dir in themes ( #7672 )

 In `bp-core/bp-core-attachements.php` we run a function
 `bp_attachements_get_template_part($slug)` L: 923 to locate the part
 required.

 Normally it will return `bp_get_template_part( $attachment_template_part )
 e.g `assets/_attachments/upload.php`

 I assume - as things appear ok with the change - this returns new location
 ok.

 However in the function we test for is_admin() to load parts for admin
 screens and this is to some extent hardcoded to 'legacy' e.g:
 `$attachment_admin_template_part = buddypress()->themes_dir . '/bp-
 legacy/buddypress/' . $attachment_template_part . '.php'`

 While that will work as we preserved the assets dir in legacy, do we want
 to locate parts from legacy  by default?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7675>