[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7655: User activity updates created in Private/Hidden Groups can be replied to after leaving the Group

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 10 14:57:14 UTC 2018

#7655: User activity updates created in Private/Hidden Groups can be replied to
after leaving the Group
--------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
--------------------------+-----------------
 User activity updates (`activity_update`) created in Private/Hidden Groups
 can be replied to by that User after leaving the Group.

 I think this is a bug because it would give the impression that the user
 hasn't actually left the group, to the people who are still in the group.
 Especially so if the user was kicked out the group by a moderator.

 To clarify, the user only sees items authored by them after leaving the
 group. I assume this is because of the duplicated row and the
 `hide_sidewide` column. Given this seems to be the intended behaviour, we
 should:

 1) Disable the Favourite and Delete buttons...
 2) Disable the (add) "Comment" button on activity types that support
 commenting...
 3) Disable the "reply" button on activity_comments, related to the
 above...

 ...if the activity item relates to a Group, and the Group is *not* Public,
 and the user is not a member of that Group.

 Fix this after #7048

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7655>