[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7548: bp_button_class needs to know what $container value is to set correct $parent_element

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 7 19:15:04 UTC 2018

#7548: bp_button_class needs to know what $container value is to set correct
$parent_element
-------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla               |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 I believe this was the only solution I could arrive at for this potential
 problem where plugins could  assume one thing  (div, a) while Nouveau
 might have changed to a (ul, li) - We can't trust plugin authors as it's
 unfair for them to have to know, in the example of User Switcher it
 renders the markup it believes is ok, Nouveau can now upset that
 assumption. Let me look again at this when I have a moment.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7548#comment:6>