[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7781: BP Nouveau: Group Create - empty Invites screen when the friends component is not active

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 29 15:48:50 UTC 2018

#7781: BP Nouveau: Group Create - empty Invites screen when the friends component
is not active
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 I changed the screen template call on purpose, to rectify issues iirc 1.
 nested forms 2. the function to invite friends from this context did not
 work due to it being Backbone/JS.

 If friends component isn't activated or deactivated surely far earlier BP
 should bail out of doing anything friends related i.e adding the create
 screen step period!

 Personally I'm not in favour of the invite step here whatsoever  but had
 to divert time to trying to get something workable, certainly as it was
 the implementation under the normal group invites that the create steps
 screen was attempting to use was just causing a poor UX.

 I'm happy for a solution that you think works though, if you can get the
 backbone interface working in a similar fashion to main groups invites go
 for it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7781#comment:1>