[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7769: [BP Nouveau] Prevent underscore errors if the activity post-form has been overriden

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 26 08:41:09 UTC 2018

#7769: [BP Nouveau] Prevent underscore errors if the activity post-form has been
overriden
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Templates     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 I can imagine situations where people would want to completely override
 the BP Nouveau Activity Post form from their theme adding a
 {{{buddypress/activity/post-form.php}}} template in it.

 In this case, underscore is throwing an error as the main element where is
 injected the Backbone Post Form is not available. I think it would be
 safer to avoid it checking for the main element before loading the
 Backbone views.

 See attached patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7769>