[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #4600: children of activity comments not populated with BP_Activity_Activity::get()

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 26 09:08:45 UTC 2017

#4600: children of activity comments not populated with
BP_Activity_Activity::get()
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  sboisvert     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dhanyacp):

 * cc: dhanya@… (added)
 * priority:  normal => high
 * version:  1.7 =>
 * severity:  minor => major

Comment:

 Hi, I am still having this issue with Buddypress 2.8.1 version. For some
 of the posts, the replies go missing after a certain number of replies.
 When checked database entries mptt_left and mptt_right are set to 0 for
 those replies.
 I wonder if you have any fix for this issue yet?

 Replying to [comment:15 PeterHatch]:
 > If I get this right Boone you are trying to fix the problem of comments
 made to group activity posts disappearing when you refresh the page. This
 problem only occurs when commenting in the group activity stream and not
 when commenting in the sitewide activity stream or if you view the post
 individually first. Odd - so I looked at what was happening in the
 database and it appears that when commenting in the group activity stream
 the mptt_left and mptt_right are not updated in the comment or the post
 and are all left as zero. Posting a second comment in the sitewide
 activity stream or to an individual post will correct the fault and reveal
 the missing comment - or you can edit the database mptt_fields
 accordingly. I'm still using BP Version 1.2.6 with Custom Community theme.

 > So if you can work out why the mptt field is not updated when
 commentimng in the group that would cure the problem I guess

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4600#comment:18>