[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7642: Nouveau: re-factor bp_nouveau_signup_form() bp field error messages handling

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 8 15:31:19 UTC 2017

#7642: Nouveau: re-factor bp_nouveau_signup_form() bp field error messages
handling
------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  hnla                    |       Owner:
     Type:  task                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I don't have strong feelings about how the global `errors` object is
 accessed. If what you're doing here is in keeping with what happens
 elsewhere in BP, it seems OK to me.

 I trust your judgment on this being a bug rather than a new feature.

 A question about the decision itself. I have used the generic
 `bp_{$name}_errors` hook in the past to render custom error messages on
 various registration fields. It looks like this will no longer be
 necessary, as long as the global error is registered? See
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.9.2/src/bp-members
 /bp-members-screens.php?marks=198#L183 - for the purposes of Nouveau, this
 `add_action()` call will do nothing, right?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7642#comment:1>