[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core\bp-core-options.php on line 77

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 29 14:36:26 UTC 2016

#7227: Fatal error - Call to undefined function wp_generate_password() in bp-core
\bp-core-options.php on line 77
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y         |       Owner:  djpaul
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by DJPaul):

 The line referenced in your error does not exist in BuddyPress version
 2.6.2, which is the current release. It is part of new code for our next
 version, BuddyPress 2.7, which is undergoing testing.

 Please would you check and confirm if you or your client decided to
 manually update BuddyPress to 2.7 Beta 1? Or fetched the SVN `trunk`
 version, or a Git `master` branch from somewhere? You said you installed
 the plugin via wp-admin, so I don't know how you would have gotten 2.7
 Beta 1 without manual intervention. There's a tiny possibility
 WordPress.org had a temporary fault and did something wrong, but that's
 not very likely at this stage.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7227#comment:18>