[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 7 19:07:34 UTC 2016

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by r-a-y):

 > If we want to progress this, perhaps we could start by relocating
 functions that we feel are in the wrong files?

 Sounds like a good plan.  For things like Akismet, AJAX and the like, do
 we stuff them in `bp-activity-functions.php` or create a new file for
 hooks such as `bp-activity-hooks.php`.

 Akismet could also be loaded conditionally with `bp_is_active( 'activity',
 'akismet' )`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:8>