[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6571: When email address is changed - send emails to old (with confirmation) and new email address

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 22 20:58:30 UTC 2016

#6571: When email address is changed - send emails to old (with confirmation) and
new email address
 Reporter:  wp_manyeung   |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed
 * milestone:  Future Release => 2.5

Comment:

 What happens right now is:

 * A BuddyPress email is sent to the old (still actually the current
 address). Nothing is sent to the new address.
 * After clicking the confirm link in that email, a WordPress email is sent
 to the old address, confirming the change. Nothing is sent to the current
 (the "new") address.

 I can't remember if I changed this behaviour during the BP 2.5 email work
 or not. It seems likely, given the text of the original report.

 We're actually ahead of WordPress here. It doesn't confirm the change of
 address if you change it via wp-admin (with BuddyPress disabled), I spoke
 to John Blackbourn about that earlier this year.

 > Paul, will you be able to (and in general should we) add a new email,
 that will be sent to a new email address after its change via a click on
 confirmation link in an email sent to old email address?

 It seems a good idea, as the new email would form a counterpoint to the
 BuddyPress-styled email sent at the beginning of the process. However,
 that should go in a new ticket for someone to pick up in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6571#comment:6>