[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7347: Accessibility: Improve color contrast of pending BP notifications bubble in Toolbar

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 15 22:24:31 UTC 2016

#7347: Accessibility: Improve color contrast of pending BP notifications bubble in
Toolbar
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  mercime                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by netweb):

 Replying to [comment:4 mercime]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 johnjamesjacoby]:
 > > Can we match the colors used by WordPress's admin color schemes, and
 are those colors an acceptable contrast ratio?

 > Unfortunately, the current background colors for the span count in all
 the 8 WP admin color schemes have insufficient contrast ratios.

 In that case a WP core ticket should be created for this then

 > Even if the admin color schemes were to be updated to pass required
 contrast ratios, we still need to provide our own background color for our
 own span counts or better yet, add one of the class names used in admin
 menu for the span count in our markup.

 Once the upstream core ticket is resolved we can then use that class
 throughout.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7347#comment:5>