[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7337: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_do_autolink() on null

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 9 11:46:51 UTC 2016

#7337: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function
get_do_autolink() on null
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  slaFFik           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Extended Profile  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:  dev-feedback
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Got this error:

 {{{
 PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function
 get_do_autolink() on null in wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-xprofile\bp-
 xprofile-filters.php:344
 }}}

 in one of my plugins, when doing this:

 {{{
 $field_link = xprofile_filter_link_profile_data( $field_value,
 $field_data['type'] );
 }}}

 There is no `$field;` defined, using this function in ajax request.
 I've fixed that in a plugin by defining the global with
 `xprofile_get_field( $field_id )` in my loop, but shouldn't we consider
 checking the `$field` for not being `null` (or better `instanceof
 BP_XProfile_Field`) before using its method `get_do_autolink()`?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7337>