[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members) provide more context with messages on empty

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 18:07:25 UTC 2016

#7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members)
provide more context with messages on empty
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 > keeping them up to date can be a headache and introducing consistent
 functionality over and over on new projects isn't worth it in most cases.
 If the default templates support these types of changes default I'd be
 able to avoid requiring the modification making my life easier

 I'm only too aware of this type of issue, however there does come a point
 where changes simply can't be added to templates that have been released
 out into the wild for fear of crashing layouts, it's a difficult balancing
 act. We do have another proposed solution that is all but ready to roll
 out that will check overloaded templates and inform devs in the backend
 under BP settings if they are out of date and what updates have been
 released so this ought to help enormously in this area.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7091#comment:3>