[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7135: Activity reply notifications should use the comment ID instead of the parent activity ID

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 22 04:50:36 UTC 2016

#7135: Activity reply notifications should use the comment ID instead of the
parent activity ID
--------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
--------------------------+-----------------
 In #6057, we introduced activity reply screen notifications.

 Currently, activity reply notifications use the parent activity ID to
 record the notification.

 We should use the activity comment ID instead.

 This is important when blog comment <-> activity comment synchronization
 is on as it is not possible to mark the notification as read on a blog
 post.

 The attached patch does three things:
 1. Switches activity reply notifications to use the activity comment ID
 instead of the parent activity ID.
 2. Marks individual activity reply notification as read. See the new
 `bp_activity_remove_screen_notifications_for_non_mentions()` function.
 This handles both single activity permalinks and blog posts.
 3. Alters `bp_activity_get_permalink()` to add the `#acomment-X` anchor
 directly.  This is so notification links go directly to the comment in
 question.

 Ping @imath.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7135>