[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7171: JOINs in bp-blogs assume global tables are in the same database as BuddyPress's

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 29 18:47:39 UTC 2016

#7171: JOINs in bp-blogs assume global tables are in the same database as
BuddyPress's
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnjamesjacoby            |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > See what can be cut-out of BuddyPress completely, to use WordPress core
 APIs
 > Add filters to BuddyPress queries like we did in the past, and shim
 around the problem queries

 As you note, a couple of years ago, we went through and removed most
 (all?) JOINs against the global users table. We should do the same thing
 with JOINs against `wp_blogs`. While the two points described above are
 probably good long-term goals, we can mitigate or eliminate the bug
 described in this ticket by rewriting these queries.

 See also #6026, where @imath has written a patch that swaps out some of
 BP's blog queries with `WP_Site_Query`, when the latter is available.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7171#comment:4>