[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6431: get_group_extras function doesn't "respects" the user_id variable from groups_get_groups() function

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 5 15:51:00 UTC 2016

#6431: get_group_extras function doesn't "respects" the user_id variable from
groups_get_groups() function
----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  lenasterg                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  has-patch early has-unit-tests => has-unit-tests needs-patch

Comment:

 Thanks for the patch, Mamaduka.

 In `get_group_extras()`, you have:

 {{{
 $user_id = empty( $user_id ) ? bp_loggedin_user_id() : $user_id;
 }}}

 This makes it impossible to explicitly request group extras for user 0
 when the current user is logged in. Let's do something more specific than
 an `empty()` check - maybe `false === $user_id` (though we may also need
 to support `null` because of upstream functions; please check this).

 I think DJPaul is right that we need to reset the default values in each
 iteration of the `foreach` loop. Say you have three groups 3, 6, and 10.
 And assume that `is_banned = true` for group 3. Because the defaults are
 not reset, the user will show as banned for 6 and 10 as well. This
 probably ought to be demonstrated and guarded against with a unit test :)

 Combining the `is_banned` query is clever. +1 from me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6431#comment:9>