[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 15 02:57:30 UTC 2016

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 I like this idea, and I think that limiting it to action/screen handlers
 is a good way to limit the possibility of compatibility breaks.

 If we wanted something a bit more idiomatic than the "late includes"
 strategy, we could move the guts of the screen functions into classes and
 turn the procedural functions into wrappers. The classes would then be
 autoloaded. Not quite the memory savings as what you're proposing, but
 also a bit less subject to breakage (and no special cases needed for unit
 tests).

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:16>