[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6388: Groups single item home : improve the way we deal with custom front and activity component

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 2 19:42:01 UTC 2015

#6388: Groups single item home : improve the way we deal with custom front and
activity component
-----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  imath                        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > If you are on example.com/groups/foo/, the current action is 'home', so
 that wouldn't break any checks to see if bp_current_action() is empty.

 Ah right, thanks - but the point is the same. `bp_is_group_home()` should
 report whether it's the group home, `bp_is_group_activity()` should report
 whether it's the group activity. I say we make them work the way they
 sound like they ought to work, and we can publicize the change for anyone
 doing something weird. (Might be worth a search in the plugin repo too.)

 > but this might break those that do explicit checks on the 'home' action.
 Not sure who would do that, but it's possible.

 Yeah. I think the safer place for the fix is `bp_is_group_activity()`.

 These comments aren't meant to block progress on the ticket. It's just
 that if we're going to announce that `bp_is_group_home()` now works a bit
 differently, we should also be able to announce that we have another
 function you should use it its place :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6388#comment:21>