[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6448: Unconditional set of $wp_rewrite->use_verbose_page_rules = false breaks flush_rewrite_rules()

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 26 11:14:08 UTC 2015

#6448: Unconditional set of $wp_rewrite->use_verbose_page_rules = false breaks
flush_rewrite_rules()
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chherbst           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by chherbst):

 This issue definitely also happens with other plugins, we just only have a
 reliable reproduction that includes LearnDash at the moment.

 Although the WordPress docs mention that ```flush_rewrite_rules()``` is an
 expensive operation and should not be called in the ```'init'``` hook,
 there is no mention that it *must not* be used in this context. If it is
 used in the ```'init'``` hook, and BP breaks this, it is definitely a bug
 in BuddyPress.

 As the problem only appears when ```flush_rewrite_rules()``` is called
 after BP has set ```use_verbose_page_rules``` to ```false``` I don't see
 how your suggestion to run ```flush_rewrite_rules()``` even later (with
 priority 999) should help solve the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6448#comment:2>