[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 28 16:24:14 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 I reverted out back to 08 to run a final tests and to update a staging
 site merging with it's existing customizations and all tested to work just
 fine, also ran through twenty* themes with Yoast activated/deactivated
 just for safety.

 Not sure if 09 is too insane, think it cleverly works to resolve an issue
 but that this isn't really an issue that BP should worry about and adds
 complexity to an already complex function for a simple end result of title
 tags.

 I recommend that we run with 08 as suggested and commit.

 One final note in the 08 patch do we need both `bp_is_blog_page()` &
 `is_buddypress` I find 'bp_is_blog_page' confusingly named and doesn't
 'is_buddypress' cover all bp screens for the requirement of bailing out?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:54>