[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 5 16:48:57 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 @boonbgorges
 >Why is this not also true for group screens?
 Apologies, this is true of group single or members single - it's the
 nature of our groups and profiles not being 'real' pages or CPT's. Yoast
 provides ability to set pages,posts, cpt, taxonomies etc with  their own
 user set title strings but isn't aware of our screens and it's filter
 simply strips out without anything to replace with, unless we run our
 filter on a later priority.

 I agree and understand about not pandering to individual plugins in core,
 however I would guestimate that of half serious sites one in three are
 using Yoast, it's an extreamely popular plugin.

 More the point here might be that we(BP) are manipulating a WP function
 and other plugins/themes have licence to do that as well so it behoves BP
 to do this in such a way that is flexible and not aggressively dictating?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:24>