[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 5 13:49:13 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by imath):

 I have an idea!

 if you look at the patch, there's this part:

 {{{
 if ( 'wp_title_parts' == current_filter() ) {
         $return_array = true;

         // Remove the wp_title filter as we don't need it in this case
         remove_filter( 'wp_title', 'bp_modify_page_title', 10, 3 );
 }
 }}}

 Which explains my above comment. But we could also force Yoast to consider
 BuddyPress title parts by moving up the checks that are below this part to
 be sure we are in a BuddyPress area and checking if has_filter( 'wp_title'
 ) != 'bp_modify_page_title' and if so:
 - remove all filters on wp_title,
 - use a _doing_it_wrong() with a message explaining: "if you want to
 filter the BuddyPress title please use: 'bp_modify_page_title_parts'"

 What do you think ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:15>