[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6515: Allow plugins to filter groups_format_notifications unmatched return values.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 22 17:19:18 UTC 2015

#6515: Allow plugins to filter groups_format_notifications unmatched return
values.
---------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  dcavins                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new
Changes (by johnjamesjacoby):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch commit
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 2.4

Comment:

 Both patches seem good to me.

 I agree that the `groups_format_notifications` action at the end is not
 very helpful, especially considering every other condition returns
 something, which means it only executes if nothing else happened.

 It looks like this was addressed in the Friends component in
 `friends_format_notifications` by using a `$return` value, but that still
 doesn't explain to me why it's an action and not a filter.

 These Notifications callbacks are pretty monolithic. Does it make sense to
 also break these cases up into new functions?
 `groups_format_notifications` for example is 650 lines long.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6515#comment:2>