[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5869: Users with 'bp_moderate' capability required to also have 'manage_options' capability

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 10 21:34:53 UTC 2014

#5869: Users with 'bp_moderate' capability required to also have 'manage_options'
capability
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  ryanjhale     |       Owner:

Comment (by ryanjhale):

 Happy to help.  Unfortunately, I'm seeing the exact same thing that I saw
 before.  Here are the steps I took:

 -- New install of WP 4.0
 -- Install BP 2.0.2
 -- Turned on the BP settings to make sure everything was enabled.
 -- Confirmed that Profile Fields displayed in the Users menu.
 -- Applied the patch
 -- Rechecked (unsuccessfully) to see if the Profile Fields link was there.
 It wasn't.

 I took some screenshots and put them in a Google Slides presentation if it
 would be helpful to double-check:

 https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M6j78N3sKegpXCAGKo_88AOCqIaAdSHUzscbJjFbzHA/edit?usp=sharing

 One thing that I did look at before I reported this earlier is that the
 function that displays that submenu has an if statement that checks for
 bp_moderate.  Not certain if that is completely relevant, but since there
 is an explicit check now, it made me wonder and that is why I decided to
 try out putting bp_moderate in the administrator's capabilities, which as
 I mentioned, did work.

 {{{
 function xprofile_add_admin_menu() {

         if ( !bp_current_user_can( 'bp_moderate' ) )
                 return false;

         add_users_page( __( 'Profile Fields', 'buddypress' ), __( 'Profile
 Fields', 'buddypress' ), 'manage_options', 'bp-profile-setup',
 'xprofile_admin' );
 }
 }}}

--