[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5160: Use gruntjs to generate minified versions of the js and css files everywhere.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 8 01:01:51 UTC 2014

#5160: Use gruntjs to generate minified versions of the js and css files
everywhere.
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  enej         |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by netweb):

 Replying to [comment:59 DJPaul]:
 > Replying to [comment:56 netweb]:
 > > WordPress and bbPress need to load via `/build` folder... Loading via
 the `/src` folder is not possible because primarily of our SCSS assets
 needing to be compiled to CSS.

 > This is not true (for WordPress). I am running from
 develop.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/'s `/src/` just fine.

 Checking out WordPress' ''develop.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/'' repo will
 work without running the build tools and loading from the `/src/` folder,
 this is by design for back compat for those WordPress /trunk users and the
 majority of WordPress' core functionality will work as expected but not
 all of it.

 When loading only from `/src` you do not have the MP6 themes as the SCSS
 has not been compiled into CSS nor do you have any WordPress RTL CSS.

 [[Image(https://i.cloudup.com/MV_IhDhAec.png)]]
 On the left is WordPress running from `/src` and on the right running from
 `/build`

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5160#comment:61>