[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5364: Collapsible feature is not working in component single item administration screens

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 30 21:23:26 UTC 2014

#5364: Collapsible feature is not working in component single item administration
screens
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  1.9.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Sarah (@pollyplummer) alerted me that the collapsible feature was not
 working on the new "Community Profile" administration screen. I remembered
 same behavior was happening in single Group Administration screen and in
 single Activity Administration screen.

 I've dived a little in WordPress javascripts we are enqueueing to benefit
 from this feature. And i've found that the problem was linked to the
 script comment.js. We enqueue it in Groups single item, Activity single
 item and Community profile.

 comment.js uses this function
 {{{postboxes.add_postbox_toggles('comment');}}} and as a result the page
 argument of the save state function is "comment" instead of the right
 administration page id.

 I think Groups single item and Community profile doesn't need this script,
 so we might simply avoid enqueueing it to make the collapsible feature
 work (+ user options saved).

 Activity single item Administration screen needs it in order to change the
 date of the activity. Hopefully the admin.js of this component is loaded
 after comment.js so we can rerun the postboxes.add_postbox_toggles in
 favor of the right administration page id.

 That's what i've attached in the patch. I've tested and it seems to solve
 the trouble : collapsible works and the states are saved.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5364>