[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5790: If leave a private group and click request membership button before refresh page get -1

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 1 09:16:41 UTC 2014

#5790: If leave a private group and click request membership button before refresh
page get -1
 Reporter:  SinOB         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Groups        |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I am using
 Wordpress 3.9.1
 Buddypress 2.0.1
 With the theme TwentyThirteen
 I have disabled all plugins and can still recreate the issue.
 Wordpress is installed in root directory (not sub directory)
 as a Single site install.
 I don't know if this was an issue with previous versions of wp/bp.
 I have not modified any core files.
 No errors are showing up in my error logs.
 Server is linux

 Issue:
 If someone leaves a private group from the group list page and straight
 away(no page reload) clicks on 'Request Membership' button for that same
 group the button disappears and is replaced by -1

 Can be recreated as follows;
 (Requires that you are a member of a private group.)
 1. Navigate to Groups page i.e. www.examplesite.com/groups/
 2. Click on the button 'Leave Group' of a private group you are already a
 member of.
 3. You will get a pop-up asking if you are sure. Click yes.
 4. The 'Leave Group' button will have changed to a 'Request Membership'
 button. All looks fine so far.
 5. Without reloading the page click on that new 'Request Membership'
 button for that same group.
 6. The button disappears and is replaced with a -1

 It looks like an issue with the nonce. check_ajax_referer() is not
 accepting the nonce it is being sent, returning a -1 and the script
 appears to be dying at that point.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5790>