[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #1269: Create a BP_Loop_Template base class that all template classes can inherit from

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 18 01:38:08 UTC 2014

#1269: Create a BP_Loop_Template base class that all template classes can inherit
from
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  rvenable     |       Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * priority:  minor => normal
 * severity:   => normal
 * milestone:  Future Release => 2.0.1

Comment:

 I am sad that this ticket got lost for so many years. It is a great idea.

 Doing this correctly will mean writing lots of unit tests for the existing
 template loops, as they are all based on each other in some way, but have
 all been modified in ways that'll make them ideosyncratic. That said, I
 think it's worth doing, both because it'll make development easier for
 devs, but because it'll result in the removal of a fairly large amount of
 redundant code in BP.

 Let's see if we can make some progress here for 2.1.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1269#comment:5>