[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 6 02:03:12 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by r-a-y):

 > If you replaced home.php from a plugin the theme would break unless you
 specifically knew the mark up.

 Why would you want to replace home.php from a plugin?  That is a part of
 the theme.

 The theme should be handling those decisions and not a plugin.  A plugin
 that wants to add templates should only look at injecting content into
 plugins.php.  Unless that plugin is looking to add templates that are not
 under the members or groups component and is a new root level component
 altogether.

 Like Boone said, it's hard to picture what you're trying to do without a
 decent case study.

 I'll have a codex article up with my solution once I've tested with BP
 Album and can confirm it will work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:15>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>