[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 4 18:59:03 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by modemlooper):

 This ticket is an enhancement not a bug. what you suggest can work but not
 in the best way.

 It's better for plugins to use plugins.php to display content, yes? If
 this is correct then there needs to be a way to override another plugins
 use of the file.

 I already have come up against a problem with it and I can see other
 issues. plugins.php is not a full template, a template part. Markup can be
 broken when the first half of an element is in the parent template file
 and then you switch out plugins.php with another file. So, using custom
 files is not going to work when a theme can supply a custom plugins.php.
 The user nav is broken into two files with bp_get_displayed_user_nav() in
 the parent template and bp_get_options_nav() in the the child. I already
 have found issues with this because if you switch out the template file
 and plugins.php markup was changed the page breaks.

 If every theme uses the same plugins.php markup then this would not be an
 issue.

 My enhancement suggestion is either to leave plugins.php and add a sub
 template (plugins-content.php) and put add_actions there or add some sort
 of logic to bp_template_title

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:7>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>