[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5300: Notifications from inactive components are rendered on the Notifications panel

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 23 17:21:35 UTC 2013

#5300: Notifications from inactive components are rendered on the Notifications
panel
 Reporter:  boonebgorges                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |  johnjamesjacoby
Changes (by johnjamesjacoby):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 There are still some problems with this, namely third party components
 that do not register themselves in the active components array.

 A few other approaches:

 * Add a filter to a function that returns the active components, so
 actions can be explicitly added to it.
 * Use the 'notification_callback` for each `BP_Component` extension to
 build an array of components that are currently active and also using the
 notifications API.
 * Some other way that isn't immediately apparent.

 I think the second option currently makes the most sense, until we can
 revisit how code hooks into Notifications in a future version. Will update
 this ticket with progress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5300#comment:20>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>