[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4608: wp_create_thumbnail() deprecated as of WP 3.5 - avater uploads will fail currently

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 31 11:27:01 UTC 2012

#4608: wp_create_thumbnail()  deprecated as of WP 3.5  - avater uploads will fail
currently
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  hnla                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch dev-feedback
 * priority:  normal => high
 * severity:  normal => critical
 * milestone:  1.7 => 1.6.2

Comment:

 The error is thrown because wp_create_thumbnail() was in wp-
 admin/includes/image.php (which we've explicitly been including), but it's
 been moved to wp-admin/includes/deprecated.php.

 I don't think this can be considered a regression in WP 3.5 as we've
 always explicitly included a file which is only used inside wp-admin by
 WP. We need to fix this in the 1.6 branch for a day zero release alongside
 WP 3.5, which gives us about a month to finish and test 1.6.2.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4608#comment:5>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>