[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4185: Calling groups_get_group() with a non-existent group id returns a BP_Groups_Group object populated with the provided ID

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon May 21 12:28:41 UTC 2012

#4185: Calling groups_get_group() with a non-existent group id returns a
BP_Groups_Group object populated with the provided ID
 Reporter:  chriskeeble   |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 This is not an issue with groups_get_group() but with the BP_Groups_Group
 class itself. If you instantiate the class like this

 {{{
 $group = new BP_Groups_Group( $nonexistent_group_id );
 }}}

 it'll return an object with all properties null except for 'id', which
 will be $nonexistent_group_id. `groups_get_group()` is just a wrapper, and
 doesn't affect this aspect of the behavior.

 So I agree with DJPaul that we can't just change it - it's likely that
 there are plugins relying on this odd behavior. If we wait until after
 1.6, then we can make a breaking change and publicize it widely. As it
 stands, we are too close to release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4185#comment:3>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>